If you found the Joyfax Server cann't work right on your system, but the Windows Fax and Scan service. You may try using an initialization string which uses in Windows Fax and Scan to correct this. Please try the following:
- Install Fax Services in your computer, Refer this page(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306550).
- Send a testing Fax by using the Windows Fax and Scanner. Refer this page(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306657)
- In Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Phone and Modem Options.
- On the Modems tab, click the modem you installed, and then click Properties.
- Click the Change Settings button, if the button is present on the General tab. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
If the Change settings button is not present, the modem does not support the ability to change modem settings. Refer to the documentation provided by your modem vendor.
- Click the Diagnostics tab.
- In Logging, select the Append to Log check box if you are working on a computer running Windows Vista or the Record a Log check box if you are working on a computer running Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Click View Log if it is enabled, the Notepad will be launched and displays theModemLog_Model.txt (Model is the name of the modem as it appears in the list of installed modems on the Modems tab of Phone and Modem Options), delete all logs, and then save the file.
- Click OK button to close the Properties dialog box.
- Launch the Windows Fax and Scan to send a test fax.
- As soon as the fax is sent, open the Properties again, select the Diagnosticstab, and then click View Log button, the ModemLog_Model.txt file will be displayed as below:
- Try this Init string in Joyfax Server, please refer to How to correct the Modem initialization string?