Error "...application has encountered a problem and needs to close" when you start Joyfax Server or Client on Windows XP
When you start Joyfax Server or Client on Windows XP, Joyfax Server or client returns one of the following error messages:
- "Joyfax Server [version] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
- "Joyfax Client [version] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
- "This application has created errors and needs to close."
- "Faulting application joyfaxserver.exe, version 18.104.22.168, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.5755, fault address 0x0001b21a."
- Right-click the Joyfax Server or Joyfax Client shortcut on the desktop and choose Properties
- In the Properties dialog box, select the Compatibility tab
- Deselect Run This Computer In Compatibility Mode For [any Windows version earlier than XP] and click OK.
Windows XP includes a feature to run applications in a previous version's environment to reduce compatibility issues with older applications. Joyfax Server is unable to start successfully with this option selected.