I got the error message "Create print desktop failed, not enough storage space."
This error message can be the result of the non-interactive desktop heap setting in Windows. The default settings for the third value is 512 kb. The Windows registry must be used to adjust this setting.
To change the desktop heap setting, do the following:
- Open the Windows registry, go to Start > Run, type: Regedit or Regedt32
- Navigate within the Registry editor to the key:HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems
- In the right-hand pane, double-click the value Windows
- Look for the area 'SharedSection=xxxx,yyyy,zzzz, aaaa'; where xxxx defines the maximum size of the system-wide heap (in kilobytes), yyyy defines the size of the per desktop heap, zzzz defines non-interactive desktop heap size and aaaa defines terminal services.
- Change the third value from 512 to 2048 or 1024 . The 512 specifies the desktop heap for desktops associated with non-interactive Windows stations.
Note: For 64 bit machines, the default values are SharedSection=1024,20480,768; only increase the third value to 2048 or 1024 as needed.