In general, we recommend you to avoid using low-cost modems for faxing, since such modems are usually only tested for data and Internet connections and do not work very reliable in fax mode.
In order to get maximum performance and reliability from your fax server, Joyfax Server recommends fax boards and modems from these manufacturers(We must emphasise that we cannot 100% guarantee the compatibility of any particular modem. The information below is based on customer reports. Sometimes a modem will work on one computer and not on another. The best suggestion purchase the modem from a store that has a return policy and test it):
- Digi Acceleport Ras 4/8 Port Modem cards
- Dialogic Diva Media Boards 2/4/8 Ports
- Mainpine IQ Express 2/4/8 Port Modem
- Multi-Tech MultiModem ISI Multiport Analog Modem
- Comtrol RocketModem IV
- Perle PCI Ras 4/8 Port Modem
- ISDN: Carte Gazel Server 128 PCI (référence R685 PRO), click here for help!
- ISDN: AVM-Fritz PCI or -USB (2 channels), click here for help!
- Zoom 3048/3049/2949/H08-15328/H08-03328, purchase online
- Equinox MultiModem
- MainPine RockForce
- Intel HCF 537EP V9x DF PCI
- Eicon Diva 4BRI
- Dialogic® Diva® V-PRI/E1-30
- Zyxel Omni 56K external
- ZYXEL OMNI 56K PLUS
- Conexant V90
- Sitecom 56k PCI Modem DC-010v2
- MRI PCI Card
- Sitecom DC-015
- Hayes Accura 56K
- Zoom V.92 PCI Voice Fax modem
- U.S. Robotics V.92 USR5637 56K USB Faxmodem
- Dynamode Conexant V92 56K
- Sitecom Modem PCI Card (MODEL: DC-010)
- Phonic Pro v.92/v.90 PCI Modem (MODEL: 08-11200-A)
- Aztech 56K USB modem Model UM3100
- Multitech 3334ZDX/5600ZDX/5634ZBA
- ECOM EM-56IEV/EM-56HSFI
- Elsa Microlink 56k
- Zyxel U-90/U-1496/U-336
- Conexant Unveils Single-Chip Modem
We don't recommend that you use USB modems, most of them have a RELEASE problem, and the Windows may crash if you are trying to install mulit-USB modems.
The best USB modem we have used here are the Zoom model 3090 USB modem and U.S. Robotics V.92 USR5637 56K USB Fax modem. The Zoom model 3090 USB modems are hard to find, but you may be able to find one here...
Please DO NOT confuse the model 3090 with the 3095, we did not experience good results with the modem 3095, it has a nasty habit of refusing to be reset from software and will not release the phone line after a period of fax activity.
In addition, we DO NOT RECOMMEND using SOFT MODEM modem, such as: Trendnet TFM-560U(Agere System USB 2.0 Soft Modem), PCI Modem with SmartSP, Conexant D850 PCI V92 Modem, etc.