How can I improve fax reliability?
In order to get maximum performance and reliability from your fax server, try the followings:
- Use a direct connection from the PSDN to the fax modem; Remove any splitters and other devices in that line.
- DISABLE YOUR SCREENSAVER. Some screensavers can be quite cpu intensive and will starve the communication threads from receiving required messages;
- Avoid running other cpu intensive processes while fax sessions are in progress, they will likely starve the communication threads.
- Try different modem baud rates in this order: 9600, 12000 and 14400;
- If you have a cheap winmodem or software modem and consider investing in a good quality non-US Robotics controller based modem, please see this page.