How do I ...
If you would like to use a SIP account rather than a fax modem (FoIP), please refer to: Fax over IP with Joyfax Server and Configure Joyfax Server with 3CX Phone System PBX.
- To prepare the Joyfax Server to send and receive faxes, you must connect the modem to the computer.
- Connect your computer's modem to your phone line using a standard phone cable. Plug in the modem's power supply if you are installing an extended modem.
- Install the modem drivers.
Turn on your computer. After the New Hardware Wizard detects your modem, insert the Installation CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation
Increase Windows XP/Vista TCP/IP Max Connections for the computer you are going to run Joyfax Server
As you may have noticed Microsoft still limits your half-open (incomplete/syn packets) connection attempts per second that the system can make, this limit effects the capability of Joyfax Server. To increase TCP/IP Max Connections:
- Download the TCPIP.SYS patch from our site;
- Unzip the package file, and follow the introduction.
Note: If you are using a Windows 2000/2003/Vista Server computer or you install the Joyfax Client only, just ignore this step.
- Step 1: Download the latest version of Joyfax Server installation package from our site;
- Step 2: Install Joyfax Server at server:
- Run the installation package at server, select the Server component to install;
- Launch Joyfax Server, follow the Wizard to setup the server;
- Configure the Fax Modem and Area code;
- Add new uses, then Set up fax routing rules(Server ->Options-> Fax Routing)
Now, Joyfax Server has been installed on the server, it will allow all Joyfax Clients to send & receive fax.
- Step 3: Install Joyfax Client at client's computer
Run the installation package at server, select the Client component to install.
- Move the pointer to Joyfax Server icon in system tray, the tooltip will display the server IP address and Port;
If you wish to access Joyfax Server behind a router/firewall, please seeHow to access Joyfax Server behind a router/firewall?
- Go to the client PC, and launch Joyfax Client;
- In the User login dialog box, enter the Joyfax Server IP address, port, user name and password then press Log in.